Monday, July 21, 2008

Intimidation...dun dun dun

Our discussion today about intimidation really hit home for me. Luke said it perfectly...he may be book smart and intimidating in that sense but, there are things that others do, such as Medina and her reciting poetry to a random stranger, that he couldn't (Sorry Luke if I'm making this up). I realized that there are things that each of us achieves that others may not necessarily be able to do and can be classified as "intimidating". In the back of my head I'm constantly thinking of what others are thinking about me. Am I wearing the right thing? Am I saying the right thing? What do they think of this? Everyone is going to think my sonnet's crap. Am I doing this right? And it's always been a struggle for me to do things for myself and not think of what others think. So frankly, I realized that I'm intimidated of almost everyone, but that I shouldn't be because they may be intimidated of me...crazy to think. It's like a football player being intimidated by the band geek or the popular girl and the artist...I don't know for what reasons...but there probably is one. I've recently been trying to think of me and how I feel and doing things for myself and for no one else. So far it's been scaring not thinking of what others think of me, intimidating almost, but I know that in the end I'm going to become a better me. I hope this makes sense and is sort of relevant. 

No comments: